As I become more confident in my cooking skills, I find myself shopping based on categories.
For example, when it comes to produce I go for what’s seasonal, organic, and affordable—and plan my meals from there.
I’m no longer beholden to a rigid recipe or long list of expensive, obscure ingredients. My goal is to guide you to do the same!
This summer I’m all about the zucchini. I steam it, spiral it, and slice it.
Here’s how I sauté it:Print
Zucchini: Summer’s Best Side Dish
- Prep Time: 5 Minutes
- Cook Time: 10 Minutes
- Total Time: 15 minutes
- Yield: 2 Servings 1x
- 2 Sliced Zucchini
- 1 Minced Shallot
- 1 Tbsp. Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- Salt & Pepper
- On medium heat, warm the oil in a cast iron skillet or stainless steel sauté pan.
- Add the minced shallot.
- Cook until soft and translucent.
- Add the zucchini, toss until each slice is covered with the oil.
- Lightly season with salt & pepper.
- Cook zucchini slices to your liking.
Consider your bio-individuality when cooking the zucchini slices. Your body will tell you if “rare, medium, or well” is best for you.
This recipe also works great with yellow squash. And if you can’t find shallots or would rather use an onion or garlic, go for it! The idea is to cook up meals based on what you like and have on hand in your healthful kitchen!