- 1 Bag of Frozen Vegetables (16 oz.)
- 4 Cups Chicken Stock (If you make your own bone broth, use it for this soup!)
- 1 Shallot
- Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- Salt & Pepper
- Wooden or Bamboo Spoon
- Dutch Oven or Medium Pot
- Warm 1 Tbsp. EVOO in the pan.
- Add thinly sliced shallot.
- Cook shallot until crispy, but don’t let it burn!
- Add chicken stock or bone broth and bring to a boil.
- Empty the bag of vegetables.
- Lightly season with salt and pepper and stir.
- Once the vegetables are tender, blend.
- I use an immersion hand blender for my soups. (I love how easy clean-up is!)
- Once smooth and creamy, taste and add a touch more salt and pepper if needed.
- Return to the pot and allow the soup to simmer and the flavors to develop.
- If the soup becomes too thick, add water.
Depending on the vegetable you use, you can swap the shallot for an onion or garlic.