- 2 Russet Potatoes $2.07
- Avocado Oil (Pantry Staple)
- Sea Salt & Pepper
- Set oven to Convection Bake and preheat to 375 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Line large sheet pan with foil.
- Place wire rack on top to allow for even, crisp roasting.
- Slice potatoes into large, equal wedges – like steak fries.
- Place fries on rack.
- Brush with a light, even coating of avocado oil (which has a high smoke point and neutral flavor).
- Sprinkle with sea salt and pepper.
- Roast for 20 minutes.
- Remove sheet pan, brush with another layer of avocado oil, and another sprinkle of salt – potatoes crave salt!
- Flip the fries to the other side so the crispy side is now facing up.
- It may be tempting to skip this step but don’t – the fries will dry out!
- Roast for an additional 15-20 minutes until the fries are crispy on the outside and tender on the inside.
- Taste for salt & serve warm!
These fries are a blank canvas when it comes to seasoning! Depending on what I’m serving I’ve sprinkled the fries with paprika or garlic salt. I’ve even drizzled them with melted butter and sprinkled them with parsley. Next on my list is to use them as a base for nachos. YUM!