- 1 Bunch Organic Dandelion Greens
- 2 Cloves Minced Garlic
- 1 Tbsp. Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- Salt & Pepper
- Cast Iron Skillet
- Chop off bottom stems (a good 2 inches) and wash leaves in a strainer.
- Let air dry, then chop (leaves and stems) into bite-size pieces.
- Mince the garlic.
- Lightly sauté the garlic in 1 Tbsp. of EVOO and season with salt and pepper.
- Once the garlic becomes fragrant, toss in the dandelion greens and coat with oil.
- Add an additional dash of salt and pepper or drizzle of EVOO if needed. (Greens get salty really fast, and even saltier as they cook down.)
- Let the greens cook for a few minutes, tossing as needed, until cooked to your liking – bright green and less bitter.
- If you’d like, hit the finished greens with a spritz of fresh lemon juice to boost liver detoxification even more. Your liver loves bitter food!
I love to serve these greens with wild caught seafood including salmon, cod, shrimp, or scallops.