I LOVE watching The Kitchen on Food Network! #ICAG (If you know, you know!)
A recent episode focused on reducing food waste by cooking all parts of the vegetable.
For example, I now peel and chop broccoli stems and steam, roast, or sauté them with the florets.
They are crunchy, nutritious, and most importantly delicious!
Now that beets are in season, I decided to give the greens a try.
I’ll admit I was skeptical. To me, they don’t look all that appealing especially with their dirt coating!
But I decided to trust my fellow food bloggers and keep an open mind.
They did not steer me wrong!Print
Let’s Give Beet Greens Some Love
- Prep Time: 10 Minutes
- Cook Time: 5 Minutes
- Total Time: 15 minutes
- Yield: 2 Servings 1x
- 1 Bunch Organic Beet Greens
- 1 Tbsp. Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- Salt & Pepper
- Cast Iron Skillet
- Give the beet greens a good scrub and let air dry.
- Once dry, chop into bite size pieces.
- Gently warm the olive oil.
- Once warm, toss in the greens.
- Sauté until bright green – just until the rawness has been cooked out.
- Season lightly with salt and pepper.